Our customers rely on meteorology, ocean and weather science services to enable them to improve the safety and efficiency of their operations. Our Met-Ocean services team assess and identify risks associated with the effects of visibility, wind, sea state, sea-ice and icebergs that impact our customers’ facilities and operations. More than 80 deep-sea drilling operators depend on our met-ocean monitoring support for the safety of their operations.
We offer high-resolution severe weather forecasting, climatic studies and alert services for a variety of customers including utilities, wind farms and power companies; insurance companies; city and infrastructure resiliency programs; and transportation operations.
Our weather centre is headquartered in St. John’s, Newfoundland with satellite forecasting offices in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and Ottawa, Ontario. Forecasting and consulting services to industry and government customers are delivered on a 24/7 basis anywhere in the world.
Our expertise includes:
- Oceanographic monitoring and weather forecasting services
- Physical oceanography services, including tsunami, seiche, and storm surge modelling
- Inland and coastal water planning, including surface water, lakes, rivers and oceans
- Environmental management and dispersion modelling
- 24/7 consultation services from the Amec Foster Wheeler Weather Desk.