Amec Foster Wheeler has been active in new build storage tanks for 45 years and has experience covering all types of new build bulk storage tanks, atmospheric pressure vessels and gas holders, including projects up to 74 metre diameter in carbon and stainless steel as well as specialist alloys. We are able to provide new build assets on a supply only basis, or as a supply and install package, or as part of a major Engineering, Procurement and Construction project.
Amec Foster Wheeler has experience with all international construction codes and standards including API, DIN, EN, EEMUA and PGS. The business operates from a dedicated centre of excellence in North West England.
We can provide new build tanks as follows:
- Can be built using conventional or stage jacking
- Carbon, stainless steel or specialist alloy materials
- Complete turnkey Engineering, Procurement, Construction or Construction Management service
- Design and installation of associated civils, mechanical and electrical infrastructure
- Gas holders – design, supply and installation of new units
- Site built or shop built bulk storage tanks, spheres, pressure vessels and gas holders
- Use of conical, floating, umbrella and geodesic roofs
Amec Foster Wheeler has a specialist fabrication facility, which includes a comprehensively equipped 11,600 sq feet workshop with its own jetty on the banks of the Mersey Canal which can be used to transport shop built tanks and associated marine equipment up to 11 metres diameter.
Current and recent projects include:
- Design, supply, fabrication, delivery and erection of 4 new storage tanks at a chemical plant in South Wales
- Design, supply, fabrication, delivery and erection of 4 new storage tanks at a chemical plant in Cheshire
- Design, supply, fabrication and site erection of 3 carbon steel storage tanks and 1 stainless steel storage tank as part of an Amec Foster Wheeler project to modify a gas processing facility
- New build gas holders for a leading steel manufacturer
- Supply of new build storage tanks as part of a project to rebuild a major oil storage facility - includes 5 no. large tanks 12.8M X 37.5M and 3 no. smaller interface tanks 7.6M X 9M, including pipework and associated infrastructure