Transportation & Infrastructure
Amec Foster Wheeler has over 50 years of proven experience in transportation project development and delivery globally. With expertise in planning, design, construction, and long-term support, our client-first solutions are tailored to the unique needs of each project and budget.
Pressure on transportation systems worldwide is mounting due to aging infrastructure, population growth, increased freight volumes, and funding limitations. Today’s challenge is to maintain the integrity and increase the capacity of existing facilities to meet this demand – economically, safely, and within the tight schedules required.
Amec Foster Wheeler services cover the transportation facility lifecycle, from planning and environmental studies to preliminary and final design, construction administration, and operations and rehabilitation. We work closely with our clients to ensure that every project delivers results that enhance communities, improve safety, respect the environment, and save money.
The Amec Foster Wheeler advantage
We incorporate the latest technologies and involve strategic partners early in the process to add innovation at every point in project development, from the use of new materials and techniques, to streamlining systems for faster project delivery. Our expertise in program and project management, planning, and design, combined with advanced construction skills and operational experience, enables us to deliver transportation infrastructure that is safe, cost-effective, and reliable.
Operating in locations across the world, our company employs a wide range of engineers, scientists, technicians, environmental specialists, planners, and support personnel. Our open and responsible culture encourages employees to manage risk effectively and seek ways to enhance performance for clients in areas such as project acceleration and cost savings. This culture of entrepreneurship encourages innovative discovery, design, and solutions.
Worldwide client base
- Federal, state, provincial, and municipal governments
- Toll highway authorities
- Design-Build and PPP clients
- Freight rail operators and transit agencies
- Port and harbour authorities
- Airports and aviation agencies
- Mining, oil & gas and private industry
Comprehensive transportation solutions
- Planning studies, environmental impact documents, and consenting support
- Highway, bridge, and tunnel design
- Construction management
- Construction engineering and inspection
- Due diligence support
- Environmental compliance, remediation and permitting
- Geotechnical engineering and seismic design
- Heavy-haul roads for oil, gas, and mineral exploration
- Materials testing and quality control
- Pavement consulting and engineering
- Port and airport roadways and infrastructure
- Rail sidings / track, facilities and yards
- Project and programme management
- Road Weather Information Systems (RWIS)
- Stakeholder engagement
- Structural steel inspection
- Subsurface utility engineering and utility coordination
- Value engineering