We are one of the world’s most experienced contractors in the engineering and construction of residue catalytic cracking/fluid catalytic cracking (RCC/FCC) units, with a track record stretching back more than 50 years. In the last 30 years we have undertaken well over 250 RCC/FCC projects: design and construction of over 40 new units, and more than 200 revamps, expansions, upgrades and turnarounds for over 50 refineries in 30 nations.
We have completed projects with all major RCC/FCC technology process providers. This continuing involvement with diverse process technologies has placed us in a uniquely authoritative position in engineering, construction, commissioning, start-up and operation of new and revamped catalytic cracking units. We have developed a very detailed knowledge of the complex range of mechanical issues associated with these technologies.
We have a core team of specialists with a wealth of RCC/FCC experience, ensuring that we can anticipate and overcome the challenges presented by even the most complex revamps or new equipment installations. With our value engineering skills and constructability expertise, we deliver practical innovative solutions to meet our clients’ objectives – shorter turnarounds, lower cost, lower risk, plus world-class safety and start-up performance.
A complete range of services:
- Consultancy services whenever you need them
- Detailed knowledge and close relationships with all RCC/FCC licensors
- Detailed knowledge and close relationships with key manufacturers of RCC/FCC complex equipment and materials (e.g. cyclones, refractory)
- Studies to determine best way to execute turnaround
- Integration studies for a new unit with an existing refinery
- Heavy lift and transport studies
- Detailed engineering
- Requisitioning and procurement (incorporating the needs of construction logistics)
- Turnaround detailed planning
- Full EPC and project management.
With increasing interest in the refinery/petrochemical interface, emphasis has been placed in recent years on maximising production of propylene from catalytic cracking units. Our considerable experience in this area includes propylene purification units, enabling product suitability for use as either a chemical or polymer grade.