Amec Foster Wheeler’s midstream expertise encompasses the full production and processing lifecycle. Our services ranging from field development and conceptual studies through front-end engineering design (FEED), detailed engineering, supply chain management, construction, installation, hook-up/commissioning, start-up, operations and maintenance, and operator training. Our expertise covers both greenfield and brownfield efforts for small and large independents as well as major international operators.
Areas of expertise include:
- Onshore and offshore pipelines and related pumping, compression, metering, and distribution facilities
- Shale gas and coal seam gas and other types of ‘unconventional’ fluid production and stabilisation
- Gas monetization, including gas liquefaction (to produce LNG – liquefied natural gas), LNG regasification, floating LNG, gas-to-liquids (GTL) processes, and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
Long-term customer relationships
As in other areas, we develop long-term strategic relationships with our midstream customers:
- Achieving a detailed understanding of their business
- Working collaboratively to provide creative, timely and economic services
- Consistency of personnel from project to project
Benefits to customers have included:
- Consistency of execution
- Elimination of 'learning curve' costs
- Elimination of bidding costs
- Continual improvement through seamless transfer of lessons learned from project to project
- Establishment and implementation of standards and specifications to be applied to multiple projects – no need to 'reinvent the wheel'.