This adiabatic combustor type with a horizontal tube convection box on top is a very versatile design for recovery of heat not only to forced-circulation steam generation but also to process services such as crude, vacuum and process preheating.
This design has a very small footprint and is extremely useful in retrofit applications. The tubes are heavy wall pipe providing many years of service in the aggressive dust- laden environment of fluid catalytic cracking and residue fluid catalytic cracking units.
For steam generation systems, we design, select and supply all the equipment, including the circulation pumps, interconnecting piping, steam drum and forced-draft fans.
Advantages of this design include:
- Small plot space required due to vertical orientation of heat recovery surface
- Combustor style provides better CO destruction than water-wall units
- Supplemental fuel use is significantly less than water-wall units
- Heavy wall tubes resist the erosive nature of regeneration gas streams
- High velocities keep the catalyst fines flowing through and out of the unit
- The heat recovery surface is a heater style convection section with the same ease of maintenance, but less complicated than boiler water wall panels
- Years of experience using low-density fin tubes provides lower heat recovery surface and with robust soot blowers provides years of operation.