Amec Foster Wheeler executing the EPCm, in consortium with Toyo Engineering Corporation from Japan and Y & V Ingeniería y Construcción from Venezuela, for the major El Palito Refinery Expansion in Venezuela.
This major expansion of the refinery includes a number of new units:
- 140,000 barrels per stream day (bpsd) crude/vacuum distillation unit
- 24,500 bpsd naphtha hydrotreating/continuous catalytic reformer complex
- 58,000 bpsd vacuum gasoil hydrotreater
- 45,000 bpsd diesel hydrotreater
- 80 million standard cubic feet per day hydrogen production unit
- 250 tonnes per day sulphur recovery/tail gas treatment unit
- New flare system, amine regeneration and sour water stripper facilities
- Relevant utilities, interconnecting and off-sites, including marine facilities and a new product storage tank farm
“The expansion is intended to double the refinery’s capacity to 280,000 bpsd, processing heavy and extra-heavy crudes from the Orinoco Belt, and increasing production of clean fuels.”
We have previously designed and built several units at the existing refinery.